Job Opening: Intermodal Fleet Dispatcher
The Grimes Companies is a rapidly expanding company in the fast-growing logistics industry. They focus on providing high quality, value-added logistics services to clients with a strong emphasis on people, quality, creativity, productivity and adaptability to changes.
- The major function of this position is to coordinate and secure transportation services for clients of a Jacksonville based trucking company. These activities include development of carrier relationships, dispatching of freight to select carriers, customer service and communication, as well as various other responsibilities that will be identified as the new subsidiary matures.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 Years’ experience in the trucking industry specifically in trucking operations
- A minimum of 2 years direct dispatch experience
- Knowledge of current rates and rate quoting
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Intermodal experience a big plus
- Current knowledge of terms and concepts related to the logistics, warehousing and transportation industry
- Working knowledge and direct experience using the internet along with proficiency in PC usage including Microsoft Office Suite
- A qualified candidate must have a strong work ethic with a focus on future career goals
Shift Information: Shift will be for 4 days – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 00 p.m., and Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Scheduled off days Thursday – Saturday.
Salary: Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: After 90 days, benefits such as medical, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k plan
IMPORTANT! Candidates for our Fleet Coordinator position must also complete the following online test to be officially considered for the position: Wonderlic online test
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Each candidate must successfully complete a drug screening and various background investigations, including criminal history reports, before employment. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.